ABC's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at ABC are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a member of the ABC Payments Compliance Team, you will be leading a team and executing on large-scale projects in Payments Compliance area. You will be a mentor and coach to the team members and be part of the Global Payments Compliance team. You will interact with other Team Leads to continually help drive process innovation and operational excellence across all processes in the Payments Compliance area. At times, you will work collaboratively with a dynamic group of cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to Legal, Product, Engineering, Finance and Marketing. You may have side projects to help create innovative scalable AML compliance systems and processes to harness the "transactional" power of ABC, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and other ABC companies. You will help ABC Payments ensure that its compliance policies, internal controls and systems help ABC in its mission to "make the world more open and connected." ABC Payments Inc. (“ABC Payments”) is committed to complying with Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing (“AML”/“CTF”) obligations imposed by federal, state, foreign, and other applicable laws. These governing laws and regulations may include without limitation the following: the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”); the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 (“Patriot Act”); the rules and regulations overseen by the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”); and other requirements applicable to registered money services businesses (“MSBs”). ABC Payments maintains a risk-based Policy and Program designed to ensure compliance by ABC Payments and its affiliates with governing law.
- Promoting a "culture of compliance" to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Support AML program requirements related to controlling risk to the company and to our "communities". This includes operating new internal controls and working with AML systems and processes to mitigate these risks.
- Adapt to regulatory changes or emerging industry best practices.
- Provide input as a team lead to various risk assessments for our AML/CTF Program.
- Ensure we are meeting our objectives and key results for the department and help the department achieve its key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- From time to time you may be asked to help provide various compliance training on policy and operations training relating to the AML/CTF Program.
- Be a team member on a project or operational basis that may include cross-functional teams and/or vendors.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years’ experience in a compliance department or other internal control function at a financial services company in an operational function
- 2+ years’ experience in managing teams of two or more
- Experience as a team lead on cross-functional projects demonstrating impact, and influencing and leading organizational change
- Experience interacting with other process leads, cross-functional teams and leaders of the department
- Experience building relationships and experience working collaboratively as part of a team